Joseph Kenny, O.P.
- Views on Muslim-Christian relations Religious freedom in Christian and Muslim thought, the possibility of salvation for the other, and principles of dialogue. My own essays with key documents on the topics.
- Foi chrétienne en dialogue avec l'Islam Delivered at the Semaine Théologique, Kinshasa (prescribed title), and published Quelle Eglise pour l'Afrique du troisième millenaire? Actes du XVIIIe Semaine Théologique de Kinshasa (Kinshasa. Les Facultés Catholiques, 1991), 165-184. An English version is incorporated in the above book.
- Thomas Aquinas: Reasons for the Faith against Muslim objections (and one objection of the Greeks and Armenians), to the Cantor of Antioch. Introduction and translation, first published in Islamochristiana (Rome), 22 (1996), 31-52.
- Designing courses on dialogue First published in Orita, 18:2 (December 1986), 103-106, this is a collaborated work with my late collegue, Sam Babs Mala. It is the fruit of our experience in the Department of Religious Studies, University of Ibadan.
- Meeting in faith, hope and love Delivered to the Nigerian Conference of Women Religious, January 1988, published in Akéde Ìgbàgbó, 2 (1989), 24-26, it analyses Christian-Muslim relations from the standpoint of the three theological virtues.
- The Holy Spirit: What He can meen to Muslims Given at meeting of Catholic Bishops' Conference of Nigeria, Enugu, 22 October 1997 on the occasion of the "year of the Holy Spirit". Compare with God the Father, prepared for 1999, the "year of the Father".
- Comparative concepts and hermeneutics in the Bible and the Qur'ân For a course given at the University of Ibadan.
- Chrétiens en dialogue avec Musulmans Written for Colombe, the Kinshasa Dominican publication.
- The dynamism of Islam in West Africa Delivered at AECAWA Plenary Assembly, 1986, utilized to compose the following article:
- The challenge of Islam in Nigeria Published in West African Journal of Ecclesial Studies, 4 (1992), 46-58.
- Facing ethnicity and religion: A concern in Nigerian education Given at U.I. Conference Centre Seminar, Feb. 1997, and published in E.E. Uwazie, I.O. Albert & G.N. Uzoigwe, Inter-ethnic and religious conflict resolution in Nigeria (Lanham, Boulder, New York, Oxford: Lexington Books, 1999), Chapter 5, pp. 49-56.
- Peace among people of different religions Delivered to an inter-religious gathering at Parliament House, Ibadan, Nov. 1996.
- Dialogue: the solution or the problem? Written in 2000 to address issues raised in an article by Muhammad Talbi.