The Death and Resurrection of Jesus
by Donald J. Goergen OP
The Theology of Jesus
© Donald J. Goergen OP
THE DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS was the second in a series of four volumes on Jesus by Donald Goergen, OP, published by Liturgical Press in Collegeville, MN. The other three volumes (The Mission and Ministry of Jesus; The Jesus of Christian History; and Jesus:Son of God, Son of Mary, Immanuel) remain in print with Liturgical Press. This second volume, however, is now out of print and thus is being made available through Internet. The copyright belongs to the author. No permission is needed to use the work.The first volume in this series was a reflection on the earthly historical Jesus, his life and ministry, Jesus as prophet and sage. This second volume picks up with Jesus' death and resurrection.
- Part One: The Death of Jesus
- 1. Jesus is Crucified.
- 2. Jesus, Servant of the Lord.
- Part Two: The Resurrection of Jesus
- 3. Resurrection From the Dead.
- 4. Jesus is Raised from the Dead.
- 5. The Servant Becomes Lord.
- Part Three: Toward an Understanding of Jesus
- 6. Part 1, Historiography and Faith
- 6. Part 2, The Jesus of History and the Church's Jesus
- 6. Part 3, The Infancy Narratives
- Suggested Readings
Download the Book as a zipfile self-extracting (HTML Formatted) reshtm.zip 218k reshtm.exe 234k (RTF Formatted with pagination) resrtf.zip 214k resrtf.exe 230k
First published in 1988 by Michael Glazier, Inc.
Library of Congress Catalog Card Number: 87-82343
International Standard Book Number: 0-89453-602-8
DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS: 0-8943-604-4