SOME PUBLICATIONS OF DOMINICANS
PROVINCE OF ST. ALBERT THE GREAT
1985 through 1991
This list of publications, videos and tapes is not a complete bibliography. Nor is it up to date. However, it represents some of the best work done by members of the province during this time period. As such it is a snapshot of the varied output of our brothers in pursuing their special ministries. It is a glimpse of who we are as Dominican fathers and brothers in the Central Province.
Please use the "Find" function of your browser to search this list for names, publications, or topics.
ASHLEY, BENEDICT M.
BOOKS -- Benedict M. Ashley
- Theologies of the Body: Humanist and Christian. St. Louis: Pope John Center, 1985.
- With Kevin D. O'Rourke, Health Care Ethics: A Theological Analysis. St. Louis: Catholic Health Association, 3rd edition, 1989; and textbook edition, Ethics of Health Care, 1986.
- The Dominicans. Wilmington, Del.: Michael Glazier,1991.
ARTICLES -- Benedict M. Ashley
PUBLISHED PAPERS -- Benedict M. Ashley
- "Ethical Decisions: Why Exceptionless Norms?" in Hospital Progress, April, 1985, pp. 50, 53, 66.
- "Ethical Decision: Why Exceptionless Norms?" in Health Progress, April 1985, 503-06.
- "The Family in Church and Society," in The Family Today and Tomorrow. (Braintree, MA: Pope John Center), 1985, 101-12.
- "The Coming Extraordinary synod: A Symposium," in Catholicism in Crisis, June, 1985, pp. 14-15.
- "Theology and the Mind-Body Problem," in Mind and Brain (St. Louis: Institute for the Encounter of Theology, Science, and Technology), 1985.
- "Theology and the Mind-Body Problem, ITEST, 1986.
- "Why Is Breaking God's Law a Sin?" in Ethics and Medics, (Houston: Pope John Center), March, 1986.
- "Financial Burdens and the Obligation of Sustaining Life: An Ethical Perspective," in Scarce Medical Resources and Justice (Braintree, MA: Pope John Center), 1987.
- "Hydration and Nutrition: Ethical Obligations," in Scarce Medical Resources and Justice (Braintree,MA: Pope John Center), 1987, 159-65.
- "What Is the Natural Law?" in Ethics and Medics, 1987.
- "Financial Burdens and the Obligation of Sustaining Life," and "Hydration and Nutrition: Ethical Obligations," in Reproductive Technologies, Marriage, and the Church (Braintree, MA: Pope John Center), 1987,113-18 and 159-65, respectively.
- "The Scriptural Basis of Moral Theology," in The Thomist, 1987; also in Persona et Morale (Rome), 1987.
- "Ethical and Anthropological Aspects of Fetal Manipulation," in Humanae Vitae, 20 Anni Dopo, Atti del II Congresso Internazionale di Teologia Morale, Rome, Nov. 9-12, 1988 (published by Milano: Edizione Ares, 1989).
- "CompaSsion and the Homosexual," in The Church and Homosexuality, by Jeannine Granunick and Pat Furey (New York: Crossroad, 1988), 105-11.
- "Commentary on the Instruction on the Ecclesial Role of the Theologian of the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith," written in 1991, to be published in a collection of such commentaries, edited by Roger A. Lemire, 1991.
- "Liberation from What," at St. Catherine Symposium, Washington, 1985.
- "Genetic Engineering," at Annual Thomist Colloquium, Washington, 1986.
- "A Response to John P. Boyle's 'The American Experience in Theology,"' in Proceedings of the 41st Annual Convention of the Catholic Theological Society of America, vol. 41 (1986), 47-50.
- "The Church's Message to Artists and Scientists." Keynote address for Annual Convention of the Fellowship of Catholic Scholars, San Francisco, August 25, 1987.
- "Theological Method Today." Bishops' and Scientists' Dialogue of the NCCB, 1987.
- "How the Roman Catholic Position on Euthanasia Developed." Official Methodist-Catholic Dialogue, 1987.
- "St. Thomas and the Theology of the Body." Annual Aquinas Address, University of St. Thomas, Houston, TX, published in Thomistic Studies II (Houston: University of St. Thomas), 1987.
- "Experience as a Theological Resource." Aquinas Lecture, University of Dallas, 1989.
- "The River Forest School of Natural Philosophy." Paper given at the International Congress of Medieval Studies, Kalamazoo, MI, May, 1989 (to be published in James A. Weisheipl Memorial Volume).
- "The Development of the Doctrine on Grace to the Reformation." Paper delivered at the Alliance of Catholic Theologians, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio, October, 1989.
- "A Christian Perspective on Scientific Medicine." Keynote address for Giornate di studio e di reflessione in occasione del 120 Anniversario della fon dazione dell' Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu, Rome, Nov. 28-29, 1989.
- "Dominion or Stewardship." Paper delivered at the International Study group in Bioethics, International Federation of Catholic Universities, Brussels, March 29-31, 1990, to be published in Catholic Studies in Bioethics (Houston, TX: Baylor School of Medicine).
- "Contemporary Understandings of Personhood," in The Twenty-Fifth Anniversary of Vatican II: A Look Back and A Look Forward, Proceedings of the Ninth Bishops' Workshop, Dallas, Texas, Russell E. Smith, ed. Braintree, MA: The Pope John Center. 1990, 35-48.
- "The Creation-Centered Theology of Matthew Fox." Paper delivered at the Symposium on New Age Sects, Franciscan University of Steubenville, 1990.
- "Conscience in Bible and tradition." Paper delivered at the Tenth Bishops' Workshop, Dallas, Texas, February, 1991.
- "Classical and Historical Consciousness and the Decline of Thomism." Paper given at the annual meeting of the Jacques Maritain Society, February, 1991.
BOOKS -- Jordan Aumann
ARTICLES -- Jordan Aumann
- Christian Spirituality in the Catholic Tradition. London: Sheed & Ward, and San Francisco: Ignatius Press, 1985. Also translated into Italian and Polish.
- Christian Spirituality in the Catholic Tradition. A home study course compiled for The Catholic Home Study Institute, Leesburg, VA, 1987.
- Spiritual Theology. London: Sheed & Ward, and Westminster, MD: Christian Classics, fifth printing, 1988. Also translated into Italian, Korean, and Chinese.
- On the Front Lines: The Lay Person in the Church after Vatican II. Staten Island, NY: Alba House, 1989.
- The Unquiet Heart: Reflections on Love and Sexuality. Staten Island, NY: Alba House, 1992.
- Vocation and Mission of the Laity. Leesburg, VA: The Catholic Home Study Institute, 1992.
- Spiritual Doctrine of Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity, translated from the Italian of L. Borriello. Staten Island, NY: Alba House, 1986.
- The Devil: Alive and Active in our World, translation from the Italian of C. Balducci. Staten Island, NY: Alba House, 1990.
- Praying with the Saints, translation from the Italian of E. Lodi. Staten Island, NY: Alba House, 1992.
- The Liturgy of the Saints, translation of Italian book, I Sanh, by Enzo Lodi. Staten Island, NY: Alba House, 1992 (now being printed).
AUDIO CASSETTES -- Jordan Aumann
- "Psychology of Religion and Religious Experience," in Boletin Eclesiastico de Filipinas. Manila, 1985.
- "Dominican Lifestyle and Mission," in Ashram. Nagpur, India, 1985.
- "Non-ordained Ministry and Lay Apostolate," in Angelicum. Rome, 1986.
- "What Is Christian Spirituality?" in Idea Ink. Madison, WI, 1986.
- "What Should We Believe?" in The Priest. Huntington, IN, 1986.
- "Thomistic Evaluation of Love and Charity," in Faith and Reason. Front Royal, VA, 1986.
- "St. Augustine's Theology of Ministry," in Word and Spirit. Still River, MA, 1987.
- "The Love That Is Charity," in Bevestigen. Cologne, Germany, 1987.
- "Towards a Definition of the Laity," in The Priest. Huntington, IN, 1988.
- "The Role of the Laity in the Church and in the World," in Angelicum, 1988.
- "Psychology and Therapy of Common Neuroses," in Studies in Formative Spirituality. Pittsburgh, PA, 1988.
- "Louis of Granada: The Layman's Theologian," in Angelicum. Rome, 1988.
- "Vocation and Mission of the Laity," in Boletin Eclesiasffco de Filipinas. Manila, 1989.
- "Synod 1990," in The Priest. Huntington, IN, 1990.
- "The Role of Asceticism in the Spiritual Life," in Word and Spirit, No. 13. St. Bede's Publications, Petersham, MA, 1991.
- "Ascetical Teaching of St. John of the Cross," in Angelicum. Rome, 1991.
- "St. Francis de Sales," in Listening. Chicago, 1991.
- "Vocal Prayer," in Soul Magazine. Asbury, NJ, September October, 1991.
- "Mental Prayer," in Soul Magazine. Asbury, NJ, November-December, 1991.
- "The Practice of Mental Prayer," a series of articles to be published in Soul Magazine. Washington, NJ, 1992.
VIDEO AND TV -- Jordan Aumann
- Lectures on the spiritual teaching of St. Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross, St. Francis de Sales, the English Mystics and the Rhineland Mystics, distributed by Ave Maria Press, Notre Dame, Indiana.
Two series of conferences:
Both series are continuously televised by EWTN (Mother Angelica), Birmingham, Alabama.
- Lectures by Fr. Aumann (on the Christian virtues)
- Christi fideles (lectures on the role of the laity in the Church).
BARRY, ROBERT L.
GRANTS AND FELLOWSHIPS -- Robert L. Barry
BOOKS -- Robert L. Barry
- A Survey of Roman Catholic Ethicists on the Ethics of Providing Nutrition and Hydration to Incompetent Nonterminal Patients. Research Grant, Campus Honors Program, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, IL, 1990.
ARTICLES-Robert L. Barry
- with Sr. Camilla Mullay. The Barren Fig Tree, 1985.
- Medically Vulnerable Persons Protection Acts, January, 1988.
- Medical Ethics: Essays on Abortion, Infanticide and Ethanasia. Peter Lang Publishing, 1989.
- Co-edited with Gerard Bradley. Setting Just Limits: Age-Based Rationing and Health Care in the 1990's. Champaign-Urbana, IL: University of Illinois Press. Fall, 1991.
TELEVISION APPEARANCES-Robert Barry
- Moral, ethical and moral theological entries (226 entries, 218 pages, 51,000 words) in New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1990.
- "The Case of Baby Fae," in Crisis, February, 1985.
- "The Ethics of Providing Nutrition and Fluids to Incompetent Patients," in The Journal of Family and Culture, Summer, 1985.
- "Sentimental Murder and the Last Euthanasia Debate," in A1l About Issues, Vol. 7, No. 10 (October, 1985), 6-8.
- "'Medical Hostages' and the Death of Karen Quinlan," in Catholicism in Crisis, November, 1985, 27-29.
- "Infant Care Review Committees: Their Moral Responsibilities," in The Linacre Quarterly, November, 1985, 361-365.
- "What Living Wills Will Not Protect You Against," in The New York Times, December 21, 1985.
- "Do We Need Laws Against Suicide?" in Catholicism in Crisis, January, 1986, 26-28.
- "Closing the Circle: Humanae Vitae and Feeding the Comatose," in Homiletic and Pastoral Review, Summer, 1986.
- "Pulling the Tube: Mercy or Manslaughter. A Dialogue with Dr. Joanne Lynn, M.D.," in Medical Ethics for Physicians, August, 1986.
- "The Elizabeth Bouvia Case: Legalizing Euthanasia by Lethal Injection," in The Linacre Quarterly, August, 1986.
- "Facing the Hard Cases: The Ethics of Assisted Feeding," in Issues in Law and Medicine, Vol. 2, No. 2 (September, 1986), 99-117.
- "The Right to Die Debate: What I Am Uneasy," in The Priest, December, 1986, 36-42.
- "Ethics and Brain Death," in The New Scholasticism, Vol. LXI, 1 (Winter, 1987), 82-98.
- "The Ethics of Assisted Feeding," in The Medical-Moral Newsletter, Ayd Medical Communications, Vol. 24, No. 1 (February, 1987).
- "Nasogstric Feeding Tubes and Urinary Catheters: A Comparison," in Human Life, February 1987.
- Medical-Moral Newsletter, Vol. 24, No. 1 (February, 1987).
- Medical-Moral Newsletter, Vol. 24, No. 2 (April, 1987), 34.
- "The Nature of Assisted Feeding: A Reply to Fr. O'Donnell," in The Medical-Moral Newsletter, May, 1987.
- "Respirators and Assisted Feeding: What Is the Difference?" in The Journal of Family and Culture, Summer, 1987.
- "Aid-in-Dying: Problems and Paradoxes," in The Linacre Quarterly, August, 1987.
- "The Widening Scope of Euthanasia," in The Journal of Family and Culture, Fall, 1987.
- "Can Deterrence Be Moral," with Matthew M. Murphy, in The Thomist, Vol. 52, No. 4 (October, 1988).
- "The Case Against Voluntary Mercy Killing," in Law, Medicine and Ethics, Winter, 1988.
- "Death Induction, Euthanasia and Sentimental Murder," in International Journal of Natural Family Planning, Fall/Winter, 1989.
- "Pharaoh's Magicians: The Ethics and Efficacy of Human Fetal Tissue Transplants," with Darrell Kesler, Dept. of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, in The Thomist, July, 1990.
- "Indirect Euthanasia: Refining the Doctrine," in Issues in Law and Medicine, Fall, 1990.
- "Unilateral Nuclear Disarmament and Bilateral Nuclear Sieges," in circulation.
- "Universal, Mandatory Age-Based Rationing of Scarce Medical Resources," and "Will the Real Daniel Callahan Please Stand Up?" in Set No Limits: A Rebuttal to Daniel Callahan's Proposal to Limit Health Care of the Elderly. Edited by Robert Barry and Gerard Bradley.
- "The Consequenees of Endorsing Sentimental Homicide," in Listening, Vol. 26, No. 1 (Winter, 1991), 66-87.
- "Deadly Paternalism and The New Euthanasia Cases," in The Linacre Quarterly. Forthcoming
- "Thomson and Abortion," in Abortion: A Catholic Response. Edited by Thomas Heaney. Forthcoming
- "Persohood, Humanhood and Providing Care: Three Perspectives," in Human Life Review. Forthcoming.
- "In League with Satan: Feeding and Hydrating the Comatose," in The Linacre Quarterly. Accepted for publication.
- "Nondiscriminatory Standards for the Provision of Care and Medical Treatments to Incompetent Adults," with Robert A. Destro, U.S. Civil Rights Commission. Califomia Law Review. In preparation.
- "Life-Protective Advance Medical Directives." In preparation.
- "Understanding the Sanctity of Human Life." In preparation.
BOUCHARD, CHARLES E.
- Featured Panelist, Matters of Life and Death, with Ronald Crawford, M.D.; Mary Senander, President of Human Life Alliance; Walter Benjamin, Ph.D.; and Gay Muldow, R.N. On KSTP-TV, Minneapolis-,St. Paul. April 26, 1985.
- Featured Panelist, The 700 Club, with Joanne Lynn, M.D. Turner Broadcasting Network. July 26, 1985.
- Featured Panelist, Face the Nation, with Arthur Kaplan, Ph.D., Director, The Hastings Center; Joanne Lynn, M.D.; and Derek Humphry, Director, The Hemlock Society; Roswell Gilbert, "Mercy Killing." CBS News, Washington, D.C. September 1, 1985.
- Featured Guest, Mother Angelica Live. "Euthanasia Today." Eternal Word Television Network. September 11,1984.
- Featured Guest Firing Line, with Alice Mehling, Executive Director of the Society for the Right to Die. "Suicide, Euthanasia and Living Will Legislation." January 3, 1986.
- Interview, Modern Maturity. Public Broadcasting System. February 27, 1986.
- Panelist, "Euthanasia," ABC Nightline, with Ted Koppel; Pieter Admiraal, M.D., Director of the Dutch Voluntary Euthanasia Society; and Betty Rollin, NBC anchorwoman and author of Last Wish. February 4,1987.
ARTICLES -- Charles E. Bouchard
VIDEO -- Charles E. Bouchard
- "Morality and the Problem of Sexual Addiciton," in The Priest, May, 1986.
- "Is Science Out of Control? Ethical Questions in Non-Clincial Research," in Catholic Twin Circle, May 21,1989.
- "The N.R.A. and Gun Control: A Catholic Perspective," in Chicago Studies 28/2 (August 1989): 107-116.
- "Condoms and the Common Good: A Catholic Perspective," with James Pollock, S.J., in Second Opinion 12 (October 1989): 98-102.
- "Sexual Identity and Religious Identity: Closing the Gap," in Review for Religious 49 (January/February 1990): 86-98.
- "Moral Decision-Making for Catholics," in Church (to appear in Summer, 1991 issue-title may differ.)
- "Teaching Sexual Morality." Teleconference for the Catholic Television Network of America, June 1991.
CLEARY, EDWARD L
BOOKS -- Edward L. Cleary
ARTICLES -- Edward L. Cleary
- Crisis and Change: The Church in Latin America Today. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 1985.
- Editor,Path from Puebla: Significant Documents of the Latin American Bishops since 1979. Washington, D.C.: United States Catholic Conference, 1989 (Spanish version: Bogota: Consqo Episcopal Lahnoamencano, 1991).
- Editor, Born of the Poor: The Latin American Church since Medellin. South Bend, IN: University of Notre Dame Press, 1990.
- Founding Editor, International Papers in Pastoral Ministry. South Bend, lN: University of Notre Dame Press, 1990.
- Editor, Shaping a New World: An Orientation to Latin America. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 1991.
- Co-Editor with Hannah Stewart Gambino, Conflict and Competition: The Latin American Church in a Changing Environment. Boulder, CO: Lynne Rienner Publishers; Author of chapter entitled, "Evangelicals and Catholics in Competition: Guatemala." Under contract.
- Editor, Urgent Family: Latin Amenca and the Church in the United States. South Bend, IN: University of Notre Dame Press, 1990. Assignment for publication.
VIDEO TAPE -- Edward L. Cleary
- "American Catholic Mission to Latin America," in Josephinum Journal of Theology, 7, 1 (1988).
- "The Theology of Liberation," in Josephinum Journal of Theology, 8, 1 (1989).
- "Ten Years since Puebla," in Latin American and Caribbean Contemporary Record, Vol. 7. New York: Holmes and Meier, 1990.
- "The Vitality of Religion in a Changing Context," in Latin American and Caribbean Contemporary Record, Vol. 8. New York: Holmes and Meier. In press.
- Co-author with Eugene TeSelle, "Evangelical Surge in Latin America: An Analysis," in Latin American and Caribbean Contemporary Record, Vol. 9. New York: Holmes and Meier. Forthcoming.
- Participant, "The Renewal of Latin America" (28:30). The University of Notre Dame Golden Dome Productions, 1991.
DAHM, CHARLES W.
- Power and Authority in the Catholic Church: Cadinal Cody in Chicago. South Bend, IN: University of Notre Dame Press, 1981.
THESES -- Michael Demkovich
ARTICLE -- Michael Demkovich
- "Abgeschiedenheit: The Mystico-Theological Experience of Detachment in Meister Eckhart's Understanding of Doctrine and Life." License thesis, Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, 1988.
- "Life Teaches the Noblest of Lessons: A Reading in Eckhartian Mysticism." Doctoral dissertation, Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, 1991.
AUDIO TAPES -- Michael Demkovich
- "Christian Sexuality Today: Retrieving the Sacredness of Sex," in Studies in Formative Spirituality: Journal of Spiritual Formation, May, 1991, 169-181.
- "Meister Eckhart's Mysticismn (4 audio tapes, $12.00), 1989. CAC, P.O. Box 12464, Albuquerque, NM 87195.
DOYLE, THOMAS P.
BOOKS -- Thomas P. Doyle
ARTICLES -- Thomas P. Doyle
- with Michael Peterson, M.D., and F. Ra Mouton, J.D., Confidential Manual on Dealing with Clergy Pedophiles. Suitland, MD: St. Luke Institute, 1985.
- with John Burke, O.P., The Homilist's Guide to Scripture, Theology and Canon Law. Pueblo, CO: Pueblo Press, 1987.
- The Code of Canon Law: A Commentary. Leesburg VA: Catholic Home Study Institute, 1988.
- Christian Marriage. Leesburg VA: Catholic Home Study Institute, 1988.
- Privileged Communications and Catholic Chaplains (Alba House), awaiting publication.
- The Pursuit of Peace and Nuclear Deterrence: An Examination of Some Contemporary Moral Issues,awaiting publication.
MATTHEW FOX. Note: Matt Fox is no longer a member of the Dominican Order. This list represents just the beginning of his extraordinary output of theological thought.
- "The Roman Catholic Church and Mixed Marriages,:" in Ecumenical Trends, June, 1985.
- "Marriage," in The Code of Canon Law: A Text and Commentary. New York: Paulist Press, 1985.
- "The Moral Inseparability of the Unitive and Procreative Aspects of Sexual Intercourse: The Thought of John Paul II," in Marriage Studies, Vol. III, 1985, 54-76.
- "The Canonical Status of Religious Institutes," in Monitor Ecclesiasticus 110 (1985), 227-45.
- "The Church and Marital Breakdown," in The New Catholic World, February, 1986, 23-32.
- "The Theology of Marriage," in Studia Canonica 20 (1986).
- "More on the Canonical Status of Religious," in Angelicum, 1987.
- "The Dignity of the Human Person in the Thought of Pope John Paul II," in Social Thought, 1987.
- "The Clergy in Court: Clergy Malpractice," in The Priest, January-February, 1987.
- "Faith and the Sacrament of Marriage," in Proceedings of the Australian Canon Law Society, 1987.
- "Ministry to the Military: Valid or Not," in The Priest, June, 1987.
- "Military Marriages: Special Problems," in Studia Canonica 21 (1987).
- "Military Marriages," in Military Chaplains Review, Spring, 1988.
- "The Clergy in Court: Recent Developments and Priests' Rights," in The Priest, July-August, 1990.
- Canon Law: 336 entries on various canon law topics for the Concise Catholic Encyclopedia.
- "The Rights of Priests Accused of Sexual Misconduct," in Studia Canonica, Fall, 1990.
- Several policies on clergy malpractice for dioceses and religious orders of men in the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
- "Rights in the Church: Do They Really Exist?" In preparation.
- "Affectio Maritalis: Is It a Valid Canonical Category?" In preparation.
- "Confidentiality and the Clergy: What the Civil Law Says." In preparation.
ARTICLES in CREATION SPIRITUALITY -- Matthew Fox
- Illuminations of Hildegard of Bingen, text by Hildegard of Bingen with commentary by Matthew Fox. Santa Fe, New Mexico: Bear & Company, 1985.
- Hildegard of Bingen's Book of Divine Works. Santa Fe, New Mexico: Bear & Company, 1987.
- The Coming of the Cosmic Christ: The Healing of Mother Earth and the Birth of a Global Renaissance. San Francisco: Harper, 1988. [Vision vom Kosmischen Christus, translation into German by Jorg Wichmann. Stuttgart: Kreuz Verlag, 1991.]
- Original Blessing, English edition. London: Mountain Books, 1990. [Der Grosse Segen, translated into German bv Jorg Wichmann; forward by Richard Rohr. O.F.M. Munchen, Germany: Claudius, 1991.]
- Creation Spirituality: Liberating Gifts for the People or the Earth. San Francisco: Harper, 1991.
- Sheer Joy: Conversations with Thomas Aquinas on Creation Spirituality. Forward by Rupert Sheldrake, afterword by Bede Griffith. San Francisco: Harper, to be published in 1992.
OTHER ARTICLES AND FORWARDS -- Matthew Fox
- "Recycling the Three R's: Education for Empowerment," Creation Spirituality, vol.1, n. 1 (March/April, 1985), 14f.
- "Creation Spirituality: An Alternative to Bourgeois Living," vol.1, n. 2 (May/June, 1985), 10-12.
- "The Great Scandal of Protestantism," vol. 1, n. 3 (July/August,1985), 6-8.
- "A Revolutionary Wind," vol. 1, n. 4 (September/October, 1985), 8f.
- "Earth Spirituality: A Common Ground Where Priest and Witch Meet," vol.1, n.5 (November/December, 1985), 11-13.
- "The Seven C's of Creativity," vol. 1, n. 6 (January/February,1986), 8-11.
- "Is Yale Divinity School a Fad?," vol. 2, n.1 (March/April, 1986), 20-22.
- "Liberation Theology and Creation Spirituality," vol. 2, n. 2 (May/June, 1986), 28-30.
- "Hospice: Denying the Denial of Death," vol. 2, n. 3 (July/August,1986), 26-28.
- "Family: A Both/And Experience," vol.2, n.4 (September/October, 1986), 9-11.
- "Are the Media holding America Hostage?" vol. 2, n. 5 (November /December, 1986), 24-26.
- "Native Teachings: Spirituality With Power," vol. 2, n. 6 (January /February,1987), 10-12.
- "Dancing the Orange," vol. 3, n. 1 (March/April, 1987), 24-26.
- "A Deep and Sacred Mystery," vol. 3, n. 2 (May/June, 1987),20-22.
- "Father Junipero Serra: Saint or Sinner?" vol. 3, n. 3 (July / August, 1987), 12-14.
- "Animal Images," vol. 3, n. 4 (September/October, 1987), 30f.
- "Two Wines to Drink," vol. 3, n. 5 (November/December,1987), 8-10.
- "Politics: From Boredom to Adventure," vol.3, n. 6 (January/February, 1988), 8-10.
- "On Memorials, Quilts, and Economic Miracles," vol. 4, n.1 (March/April,1988), 8f.
- "Strength? Yes! Security? No!" vol. 4, n.2 (May/June, 1987), 10f.
- "Is Creation Spintuality 'New Age'?" vol.4, n. 3 (July/August, 1988), 10f.
- "Mysticism: The Universal Experience," vol.4, n. 4 (September/October, 1988), 10f.
- "Is the Catholic Church Today a Dysfunctional Family?" vol.4, n. 5 (November/December, 1988), 23-38.
- "A Call for a Spiritual Renaissance: Statement for the Press, October 20, 1988," vol. 4, n. 6 (January/February, 1989), 10-14.
- "William Everson: Nature Mystic and Poet Prophet in Conversation with Matthew Fox," vol. 5, n. 3 (September/October, 1989), 10-14.
- "Pilgrimage: Journey with an Open Heart," vol. 5, n. 4 (November/December, 1989), 11-13.
- "Images of Beauty, Images of Pain," vol. 6, n. 1 (January/February, 1990), 25f.
- "Soil, Sacred Soil," vol. 6, n. 2 (March/April, 1990), 13-15.
- "Thank you, Pere Chenu!" vol. 6, n. 3 (May/June, 1990),17-20.
- "Empires and Atheism," vol. 6, n. 4 (July/August, 1990), 24f.
- "The Fall Understood for theTwentieth Century," vol.6, n.5 (September/October, 1990), 24f.
- "Addiction in Overdeveloped Cultures," vol. 7, n. 1 (January/February, 1991), 38f.
- "Howard Thurman--A Creation-Centered Mystic," vol. 7, n. 2 (March/April, 1991), 8ff.
- "Green Spirituality," vol. 7, n. 3 (May/June, 1991), 14ff.
- "Creation Spirituality and the Recovery of the Spiritual Warrior," vol. 7, n.4 (July/August, 1991), 16ff.
VIDEO TAPE -- Matthew Fox (Available from: Friends of Creation Spirituality, P.O. Box 19216, Oakland,CA 94619)
- "Kultur und Spiritualitat der Schopfung," in Esotera, Freiburg im Deutschland, April, 1986, 39.
- "The Spiritual Journey of the Homosexual... and just about Everybody Else," in A Challenge to Love: Gay and Lesbian Catholics in the Church, edited by Robert Nugent. New York, NY: Crossroad, 1987, 189-204.
- "Forward," in Centering (second edition), by M.C. Richards. Middletown, CT: Wesleyan University Press, 1989, pp. vii-xvi.
- "Igreja: Uma Familia Doente?". in Grande Sinal, Revista de Espiritualidade, 1989, 671.
- "Creation Spirituality: A Personal Retrospective," in Listening, vol. 24, n. 2 (Spring, 1989), 116-36. Romeoville, IL: Lewis University.
- "The Four Paths of Creation-Centered Spirituality," transcripts of tapes produced by Creation-Centered Spirituality, St. James Church, 197 Piccadilly, London W1V 9LF, England, 1989.
- "Meister Eckhart Mystic of Deep Ecology," in Fellowship in Prayer. Princeton, NJ: 291 Witherspoon Street, 1990.
- "Forward," Prayers of the Cosmos: Meditations on the Aramaic Words of Jesus, translated and with commentary by Neil Douglas-Klotz. San Francisco: Harper, 1990.
- "Preface," in Matthew Fox, A Spirituality Named Compassion. San Francisco: Harper, 1990.
- "Sin, Salvation, Christ in the Perspective of the Via Negativa: A Theology of the Cross," in A New Creation America's Contemporary Spiritual Voices, edited by Roger S. Gottlieb. New York, NY: Crossroad, 1990, 21-37.
- "Toward a Post-Modern Spirituality," in Sacred Interconnections: Post Modem Spirituality, Political Economy and Art, by David Griffith. Albany, New York: State University of New York Press, 1990,15-33.
- "Foreword to the 1991 Edition: Meister Eckhart and the Spiritual Agenda for the Nineties," in Matthew Fox, Breakthrough: Meister Eckhart's Creation Spirituality in New Translation, republished. New York, N.Y.: Doubleday, Image Books, 1991, pp. v-vii.
- "Creation Mysticism and the Return of a Trinitarian Christianity: Theology in Ecological Perspective," in Journal of the National Association of College Teachers, to be published in Autumn, 1991.
- "Forward," in The Universe is a Green Dragon (German edition), by Brian Swimm. Munchen: Claudius, to be published in 1992.
- "A Spirituality for a 'New Age,'" in New Age Spirituality and Assessment, edited by Duncan Furguson. Philadelphia: John Knox Press, to be published in 1992.
AUDIO TAPES-Matthew Fox (available from FCS as above)
- "Why Original Blessing ?" (90 minutes)
- "Recovering the Cosmic Christ" (120 minutes)
- "The Cosmic Christ" (84 minutes)
- "Cosmic Wisdom: An Introduction to Creation Spirituality" (90 minutes)
- "Glimpses of the Irish Spirit: A Conversation with Noirin ni Rian" (45 minutes)
- "Reflections on the New Creation Story: A Conversation with Brian Swimme" (60 minutes)
- "Spirituality and the Black Experience: A Conversation with Victor Lewis" (60 minutes)
- "Naming Our Spiritual Joumey: Playshop with Meister Eckhart and Matthew Fox (90 minutes)
- "Introduction to Original Blessing" (20 minutes)
- "Freeing the Imagination-An Evening with M.C. Richards & Friends" (50 minutes)
- "Matthew Fox--Uncensored" (115 minutes)
- "Interview with Matthew Fox" (60 minutes)
- "The Liberation of 'First World' Peoples"
- "The Cosmic Christ as Healer"
- "Aids and the Quest for an Authentic Spirituality"
- "Green Spiritaulity: Matthew Fox & Jonathan Porritt in Dialog"
- "Wisdom: Rules for Living in the Universe"
- "From Climbing Jacob's Ladder to Dancing Sarah's Circle"
- "Psychology and Mysticism"
- "The Quest for the Cosmic Christ"
- "Sexual Mysticism"
HOMILIES -- John Gerlach
- Three sermons in the collection, Homilies for the Christian People, Gail Ramshaw, ed. New York: Pueblo Publishing Company, 1989. For Good Friday, Cycle A, p. 73. For the Fourth Sunday of Lent, Cycle B, p. 242. For the Twenty-third Sunday of Ordinary Time, Cycle C, p. 541.
BOOK -- Joseph Gillespie
ARTICLES -- Joseph Gillespie
- Assessing and Counseling Marital Problems. (Book under contract with Macmillan Publishing Company and the Free Press. Proiected publication, 1992.)
AUDIO TAPE -- Joseph Gillespie
- "The Initial Interview," in Counseling in Marital and Sexual Problems, 3rd edition, by Robert Stahmann and William Hiebert. Lexington Books, 1985.
- "The Family-A Source of Values," in Symposium Papers, Northwood Institute, March, 1985.
- "Handling Life's Crises in the Christian Family," in Spirituality Today, Spring, 1985.
- "The Hawk and the Prairie Dog: A Common Story," in Journal of Supervision and Training in Ministry, Summer, 1987.
- "Pastoral Counseling of Families Faced with a Decision Regarding the Provision of Artifical Nutrition and Hydration," in Handbook: Workshop on Critical Issues in Contemporary Health Care, 1989.
VIDEO TAPES--Joseph Gillespie
- Ten 30-second Public Service Announcements written and produced for the Missouri Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, February, 1987.
CROSSROADS--Moderator in a video series (1983-1985)
from Dominican Central Productions,
1909 S. Ashland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60608-2994.
GOERGEN, DONALD J.
- "The Bishops and Your Conscience"
- "Nuclear Deterrence: The Bomb Juggler"
- "Capitalism and The Gospel"
- "God's Poor: Our Poor"
- "The Church and Politics"
- "What Is happening to the American Dream?"
- "Religious Orders at the Crossroads"
- "One Christ, One Church?"
- "The Papacy and the Multi-national Church"
- "The Papacy: Images and Impressions"
- "John Paul II: Perspectives on a Pope"
- "Sin, Guilt and Reconciliation"
- "Healing the The Church"
- "Who Do You Say I Am?"
- "Liberation Theology'
- "Is It The Gospel Truth?"
- "Has the Kingdom Come?"
- "Science, Scripture and Evolution"
- "Catholic Education: Its Value"
- "Catholic Education: The Future"
- "Disease, Death and Medical Decisions"
- "Allowing the Patient to Die"
- "Suicide: Depression vs Hope"
- "The Image of Women; Shaping a Spirituality"
- "Women in Ministry"
- "The Future of the Catholic Parish"
- "Catholic Parishes Today"
- "Youth Ministry: Meeting the Crisis"
- "Youth Ministry: The Anatomy of an Apostolate"
- "The Church in Central America"
BOOKS -- Donald J. Goergen
A Theology of Jesus Series:
ARTICLES-Donald J. Goergen
- The Mission and Ministry of Jesus, volume 1. Wilmington, Del.: Michael Glazier, 1986.
- The Death and Resurrection of Jesus, volume 2. Wilmington, Del.: Michael Glazier, 1988.
- The Jesus of Christian History, volume 3. Collegeville, MN: The Liturgical Press, to be published in Spring, 1989
- General Editor; author of Introduction, On Being a Priest. Collegeville, MN: The Liturgical Press, to be published in Winter, 1992.
HOMILIES -- Donald J. Goergen
- "Celibacy," in The New Dictionary of Theology, edited by Komonchak,Collins, and Lane. Wilmington, Del.: Michael Glazier,1987,174-177.
- "Who Jesus Is For Us Today," in Praying, Spirituality for Everyday Living. Published by The National Catholic Reporter, November-December, 1987, 25-30.
- "Presence to God, Presence to the World: Spirituality," in The Praxis of Christian Experience, An Introduction to the Theology of Edward Schillebeeckx, edited by Robert J. Schreiter and Mary Catherine Hilkert. San Francisco: Harper & Row, 1989, 86-100.
- "Celibate Sexuality," in Horizon, vol. 14 (Winter, 1989), 22-28.
- "Celibacy," in Dictionary of Pastoral Care and Counseling, edited by Rodney J. Hunter. Nashville: AbingdonPress,1990,133-135.
VIDEO TAPES -- Donald J. Goergen
- published in Homilies for the Christian People. New York, NY: Pueblo Publishing Co., 1989:
- Cycle A, Twenty-Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time, pp. 153-55.
- Cycle C, Fourth Sunday in Lent, pp. 432-34.
- "Who Is Jesus?" A series of eight, hour-long video cassettes, directed by Donald J. Goergen, O.P. Published by Catholic Television Network of America, 1990.
BOOK -- Jay Harrington
ARTICLES -- Jay Harrington
- Frans van Segbroeck in collaboration with Jay Harrington. The Gospel of Luke, A Cumulative Bibliography, 1973-1988. Brussels, 1989.
HOMILILES -- Jay Harrington
- "Studying the Lectionary," in Homily Service, Vol. 22, No. 2. May, 1989. Seventh Sunday of Easter.
- "Studying the Lectionary," in Homily Service, Vol. 22, No. 6. September, 1989. 24th Sunday in Ordinary Time.
- "Studying the Lectionary," in Homily Service, Vol. 22, No. 7. October, 1989. 26th Sunday in OrdinaIy Time.
- "Studying the Lectionary," in Homily Service, Vol. 22, No. 9. December, 1989. Christmas Day.
- "Sudden Death" (Funeral II) and "The Peace of Easter" (Second Sunday of Easter) republished in the collection, Selected Homilies, published by the Priests of the Sacred Heart, Hales Corners, Wisconsin, 1989.
D.MIN. DISSERTATION -- Gregory Heille
- "A Paradigm for Preaching Personal and Social Transformation." Holland, MI: Western Theological Seminary, 1991.
HERELEY, PETER J.
VIDEO PRODUCTIONS from 1985 through 1990 -- Dominican Central Productions
THE CROSSROADS SERIES. A topical series of 3-minute video productions distributed by Brown Publishing - ROA Media, 2460 Kemper Boulevard, P.O. Box 539, Dubuque, IA 52001
VIDEO PRODUCTIONS from 1985 through 1990 -- Dominican Central Productions -- Peter Hereley
- "Sin, Guilt and Reconciliaton."
- "Healing and the Church."
- "Images of Women: Shaping a Spirituality."
- "Women in Ministry."
- "Youth Ministry: The Anatomy of an Apostolate."
- "Youth Ministry: Meeting the Crises."
- "The Catholic Parish Today."
- "The Catholic Parish of the Future."
BIBLICAL FUNDAMENTALISM: A CATHOLIC RESPONSE. A series of three 30 minute video programs distributed by Credence Cassettes, National Catholic Reporter, P.O.,Box 419491, Kansas City, MO 64141.
"Sandinistas: Live and Up - Close." Interviews with Cesar Jerez, S.J.; Dr. Carlos Tunnerman; Victor Hugo Tinoco. One Program (one hour long).
- Program #1: "A Profile of Fundamentalism."
- Program #2: "Catholics and the Bible."
- Program #3: "What Does the Bible Say?"
HYNOUS, DAVID M.
ARTICLES -- David M. Hynous
- "Issues in Sacred Orders," in Proceedings of the Canon Law Society of America, 1987, 145-154, CLSA, Washington, D.C.
- "Associate Membership in Religious Institutes," in Bulletin on Issues of Religious Law, vol. 6, #1, 1990, 1-8, CLSA, Washington, D.C.
- "Procedural Norms of Laicization," to be published by the Canon Law Society of America, Washington, D.C., Fall of 1991, as part of a handbook to be entitled Procedural Handbook on Clergy Issues.
BOOK -- Edward Jackman
- A Solar Seasonal Christian Calendar. Toronto, Canada: Celtic Arts of Canada, 1990.
CHAPTERS IN A BOOK -- Paul Johnson
ARTICLES -- Paul Johnson
- "Faith Stances, Imagination and Campus Ministry," chapter in Faith Development in the Adult Life Cycle, edited by Kenneth Stokes. New York: William H. Sadlier, Inc., 1982.
- "The Healing Word" section of Homily Service, Vol. 22: No. 7 (October 22, 1989), No. 11 (February 28,1990); Vol. 23: No. 3 (June 10,1990), No. 5 (August 6, 1990), No. 8 (November 18, 1990).
- "Adult Faith Development A Current Reflection," in Adult Faith Resource Networker, Vol. III, No. 1 (February, 1990).
- "When Silence Speaks," in Retreats International Newsletter, Summer, 1990.
- "Prophets and Prayer," in Emmanuel, July/August, 1991.
- "Mindful of This Time," in Emmanuel, November, 1991.
JOHNSTON, THOMAS J.
ARTICLES -- Thomas J. Johnston
- "Franciscan and Dominican Influences on the Medieval Order of Penance: Origins of the Dominican Laity," in Spirituality Today, 37:2 (Summer, 1985), 108-19.
- "Nunio de Zamora and the 1285 Rule of the Brothers and Sisters of Penance of Blessed Dominic," in Dominican Ashram 5:4 (December, 1986), 174-182.
BOOKS AND CHAPTERS IN BOOKS -- Joseph Kenny
ARTICLES -- Joseph Kenny
- "Christian Muslim Relations in Nigeria," chapter 7 in R.W. Kousseau, ed., Christianity and Islam: The Struggling Dialogue. Scranton, PA: Ridge Row Press, 1985. (Reprint of article in Islamochristiana, n. 5 [Rome], 1979, pp. 171-92.)
- "The Shari'a Question in Nigria: A historical survey," chapter 11 in E. Ikenga Metuh, ed., The Gods in Retreat: Continuity and Change in African Religion (Enugu, Fourth Dimension Publishers, 1986), 245-56; and in C.S. Momoh, ed., Religions and their doctrines, vol. 1 of Nigerian Studies in Religious Tolerance (Lagos, Centre for Black and African Arts and Civilization, and National Association for Religious Tolerance, 1986), 337-45. These chapters are reprints of the article, "Shari'a in Nigeria" (see under Articles, following).
- Chapters in Christianity and Islam in Dialogue, Cape Coast: Association of Episcopal Conferences of Anglophone West Africa, 1987:
- "Arab aid and influence in tropical Africa," pp. 77-83.
- "The economic dimension of Islam in West African history," 84-90.
- "Islamic monotheism: Principles and consequences," 139-49.
- "L'Eglise et l'Islam en Afrique de l'ouest au XXe siecle (avec une reference particuliere au Nigeria), in G. Ruggieri, ed., Eglise et Histoire de l'Eglise en Afrique. Paris: Beauchesne, 1988, 189-215.
- "Religious freedom: the basis of dialogue," for Jacob K. Olupona, ed., Religion and Peace in Multi-Faith Nigeria. (Presentation given at a Conference at O.A.U. in December, 1989, sponsored by the Council for the World's Religions, which is also funding the publication of the book. Also accepted for publication by Dr. C.S. Momoh (UNILAG) for his proiected book.
- "Medicine in Islam," in Frank Salamone, ed., Art and culture of Nigeria and the diaspera. New York Studies in Third World Society, 1991.
VIDEO TAPES -- Joseph Kenny
- "Shari'a in Nigeria," in Bulletin on Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations in Africa, 4:1. Birmingham, 1986, 1-21; and the French: "La Shari'a au Nigeria: Apercu historique," in Bulletin - L'Islam et les relations islamo-chretiennes en Afrique, 4:1, 1986,1-22.
- "The OIC in Nigeria: the press debate," in Shalom (Oraifite), 4:3 (1986),130-50.
- "Pornography, a Muslim-Christian comparative perspective," Proceedings of the National Seminar on Pornography, organized by the Department of Psychology, University of Ibadan, Nigeria, 1988.
- "Sacrifice: Philosophical, theological and comparative probes," in Orita, 20:2, (1988) 127-37.
- "Mary and Islam," in Proceedings of Symposium organized by the Inter-diocesan Liturgy Commission for Igbo-speaking Areas of Nigeria, July 21-22, 1988. Printed in The Leader, August 14, 1988 (p. 6) and August 28,1988 (p. 5).
- "Aux sources des mouvements radicaux dans l'Islam," in Cahiers des Religions Africaines. Kinshasa: Centre d'Etudes des Religions Africaines, 1989.
- "The Small Catechism, Umm al-barahin, or al-'aqida as-sughra of Muhammed ibn-Yusuf as-Sanusi (d. 1490)," translated and annotated. Hamdard Islamicus, 13:4 (1990), 49-64.
- "The sources of radical movements in Islam," in Skepticos, n. 1 (1990), 19-22.
- "Islam and Christology," presentation at the 5th National Conference of the Catholic Theological Association of Nigeria (CATHAN), April 1990. To appear in the Nigerian Journal of Theology.
- "La foie chretienne en dialogue avec l'Islam," in Actes du XVIIIè Semaine Theologique de Kinshasa. Kinshasa: Les Facultes Catholiques, 1991.
- "Al-Sanusi, Muhammad ibn-Yusuf," in Encyclopaedia of Islam, 2nd ed. Leiden: E.J. Brill, 1991 or later.
- Several home video tapes (edited) on Nigria.
- Played star role in Yoruba feature film, IWA (two hours).
LaMOTTE, VICTOR SAMUEL
- Editor-in-Chief and Contributor, LISTENING: Journal of Religion and Culture, from 1973 to present.
BOOK -- Thomas McGonigle
ARTICLES -- Thomas McGonigle
- Co-authored with James F. Quigley, A History of the Christian Tradition: From Its Jewish Origins to the Reformatio. New York: Paulist Press, 1988.
- "Fra Angelico and the Fifteenth Century Dominican Reform Movement," in Dominican Ashram, September, 1987, 10-12.
- "Dominic Guzman" and "Dominicans," in Encyclopedia of Religion, vol 3. New York: Macmillan Publishing Co, 1987, pp. 417-18 and 418-20, respectively.
- "St. Paul of the Cross: Faithful Witness to the Paschal Mystery," in The Passionist, No. 20, 1990, 35-45.
VIDEO TAPE -- Daniel Morrissey
AUDIO TAPES -- Daniel Morrissey: all at Marble Collegiate Church, New York City.
- Thirty-minute interview by Msgr. Thomas Hartman on Long Island Today. Produced by the Diocese of Rockville Center. Feb. 9, 1991 - Telecare #2891. Subject: How to deal with medical malpractice in New York State.
- "Whom Am I Supposed to Control," a one-and-a-half-hour Lenten talk on self-control and discipline. March 27,1985.
- "How Can I Forgive If I Can't Forgt?" a thirty-minute Sunday sermon. July 5, 1987.
- "Advent: The Christ Who Has Come, The Christ Who Comes, The Christ Who Will Come," three fifty-minute Advent talks on the first three Sundays of Advent, November 29 through December 13,1987.
- "When Every Day Is a Holiday," a thirty-minute Sunday sermon, July 3, 1988.
- "I Wonder As I Wander -- The Ambiguities of Advent," three fifty-minute talks on the first three Sundays of Advent, November 27 through December 11, 1988.
- "Everybody Calls Me 'Father,"' a twenty-five minute Sunday sermon, June 25, 1989.
- "The Other Side of Advent," three fifty-minute talks on Elizabeth and Zachery, Joseph, and Mary on the first three Sundays of Advent, December 3 through December 17,1989.
- "The Ways of Friendship," four fifty-minute talks on friendship and the spiritual life, March 4 through March 25, 1990.
- "How to End One Chapter and Begin Another," a thirty-minute Sunday sermon, August 26, 1990.
- "Finding the Mystical in Everyday Life," four fifty-minute talks on mysticism, February 3 through February 24, 1991.
- "You Tell Me Your Secret and I'll...," a thirty-minute Sunday sermon, June 16, 1991.
- "A Remembrance of Miracles," a fifty-minute Advent talk, December 8, 1991.
MOTL, JAMES R.
ARTICLE -- James R. Motl
- "Homiletics and Integrating the Seminary Curriculum," in Worship 64 (January, 1990), 24-30.
NOESEN, THOMAS D.
ARTICLE -- Thomas Noesen
- "The Addicted/Dependent Minister," in Review for Religious, Vol. 47, No. 6 (November/December, 1988), 836-848. Same article, second printing in the Episcopalian periodical, St. Paul's Pnnter, vol. XXXIII, no. 3 (Fall, 1990), 5-14.
BOOK -- Patrick Norris
ARTICLE -- Patrick Norris
- with William Dettling, O.P., and John Mahoney, O.P., God Calls You--A Teacher's Manual. River Forest, IL: The Priory Press, 1990.
- "Preaching and Canon Law: Who May Give a Homily?" in Studia canonica 24 (1990), 443-54.
NEWSPAPER COLUMN -- Frank Nouza
- "The Energy of Ethics." Porac News, monthly newspaper in Sacramento, California, with a circulation of 35,000. Contributed column since 1971.
O'MEARA, THOMAS A.
BOOK -- Thomas A. O'Meara
ARTICLES IN BOOKS -- Thomas A. O'Meara
- Fundamentalism: A Catholic Perspective (New York: Paulist, 1990).
- Church and Culture, German Catholic Theology from 1864 to 1919 (Notre Dame: University Press, 1991).
ARTICLES -- Thomas A. O'Meara
- "Paul Tillich and the Catholic Substance," in The Thought of Paul Tillich, edited by J. L. Adams. San Francisco: Harper and Row, 1985,290 306.
- "Grace," "Schelling," "Eckhart," in Encyclopedia of Religion, vols. 4, 6, and 9. New York: Macmillan, 1986.
- "Ministry," "Orders and Ordination," in Dictionary of Catholic Theology. Dover: Michael Glazier, 1987,72lff.,757ff.
- Translations in A Winter Time of Faith: Interviews with Karl Rahner (New York: Crossroad, 1990).
PUBLISHED LECTURES AND TALKS -- Thomas A. O'Meara
- "Martin Heidegger and Liturgical Time," in Worship 59 (1985), 126-133.
- "The Origins of the Liturgical Movement and German Romanticism," in Worship 59 (1985), 326-341.
- "Schelling Studies: A Bibliographical Report," in Owl of Minerva 2 (1985), 300ff.
- "The Trouble with Seminaries," in Church 1 (1985), 18-22.
- "The Ministry of the Priesthood and Its Relationship to the Wider Ministry in the Church," in Seminaries in Dialogue 11 (1985), 1-8.
- "Modern Art and the Sacred: The Prophetic Ministry of Alain Couturier, O.P.," in Spirituality Today 38:1 (1986), 31-48.
- "Heidegger and His Origins: Theological Perspectives," in Theological Studies 48:2 (1986), 205-226.
- "Christ in Schelling's Philosophy of Revelation," in Heythrop Journal 27(1986), 27S-289.
- "Between Idealism and NeoScholasticism. The Fundamental and Apologetic Theology of Alois Schmid," in Eglise et Theologie (Canada) 17:4 (1986), 335-354.
- "Revelation and History: Schelling, Moehler and Congar," in Irish Theological Quarterly 53:1 (1987), 17-35.
- "The Identity of the Priest and the Wider Ministry," in The Serran, August, 1987, 10-13.
- "The Presence of Schelling in the Third Volume of Paul Tillich's Systematic Theology," in Religion et Culture (Paris: Cerf, 1987), 187-206.
- "Thomas Aquinas and the Idealistic Tradition," in Gregorianum 68 (1987), 719-736.
- "Revelation in Schelling's Lectures on Academic Study" in Los Comienzos filosoficos de Schelling edited by I. Falgueras. Malaga, 1988, 121 ff.
- "Fundamentalism and the Christian Believer," in The Priest 44 (March, 1988), 39ff.
- "Ecumenist of Our Times: Yves Congar," in Mid-Stream: An Ecumenical Journal 27 (1988), 67ff.
- "Grace as a Structure in the Summa Theologiae of Thomas Aquinas," in Revue de Theologie Ancienne et Medievale 55 (1988), 130-153.
- "Expanding Horizons: A World of Religions and Jesus Christ," in Faithful Witness (New York: Crossroads), 1989, 151-166.
- "The Teaching Office in the Church in the Ecclesiology of Charles Journet," in The Jurist 49 (1989), 23-47.
- "Doctoral Education in Theology in Catholic Universities," in America 162:4 (Feb.3, 1990), 79-84, 101-103.
- "Between Berlin and Rome in 1900: Roman Catholic Reform Programs for the 20th Century," Modernism Section, American Academy of Religion (Anaheim), 1989,1-17.
- "A Visit to the Novitiate," in Provincial Newsletter of the Central Dominican Province (U.S.A.), April, 1990. (Translated into five languages for I.D.I., the intemational newsletter of the Dominican Order.
- "The Future of Catholicism." Warren Inaugural Lecture, University of Notre Dame, 1986.
- "Pope and Bible. The Search for Authority." William K. Warren Lecture, University of Tulsa, October, 1988.
- "Thomas Aquinas and Modernity," in Thomas Aquinas and Contemporary Thought. Aquinas Symposium Lecture.Chicago: Dominican Province of St. Albert the Great, 1989.
- "The History of Theology and of Dogma, and Art History: A Conversation," in Proceedings of the Symposium, Image, Imaginaire et Theologie (Sion, Switzerland), 1991.
O'ROURKE, KEVIN D.
BOOKS -- Kevin D. O'Rourke
ARTICLES -- Kevin D. O'Rourke
- Co-authored with Dennis Brodeur. Medical Ethics: Common Ground for Understanding. St. Louis, MO: Catholic Health Association (CHA), 1986.
- Co-authored with Benedict Ashley. Ethics of Health Care. St. Louis, MO: Catholic Health Association (CHA), 1986.
- Co-authored with Benedict Ashley. Health Care Ethics: A Theological Analysis, third edition. St. Louis, MO: Catholic Health Association (CHA), 1989.
- Co-Authored with Dennis Brodeur. Medical Ethics: Common Ground for Understanding, Vol. 11. St. Louis, MO: Catholic Health Association (CHA), 1989.
- Co-authored with Philip Boyle. Medical Ethics: Sources of Catholic Teachings. St. Louis, MO: Catholic Health Association (CHA), 1989.
- "Ethics Committees: Their Role in Catholic Health Care Facilities," chapter 9 of Critical Issues in Contemporary Health Care. Braintree, MA: Pope John Center, 1989.
- "A Conceptual Framework for Ethics," chapter 1 of The Higher Ground: Biomedical Ethics and the Physician Executive. Tampa, FL: Hillsboro Printing, 1991.
VIDEO TAPES ON ETHICAL ISSUES -- Kevin D. O'Rourke
- "The Baby Fae Legacy," in Parameters, 10:1 (Spring, 1985).
- "The Arizona Heart Transplant," in Parameters, 10:2 (Summer, 1985).
- "Mercy Killing & Allowing to Die," in Parameters, 10:3 (Fall, 1985).
- "The AMA and Tube Feeding," in Parameters, 10:4 (Winter, 1985).
- "The AMA Statement on Tube Feeding: An Ethical Analysis," in America, November 22, 1986.
- "Presumed Consent for Organ Donation," in America, November 22, 1986.
- "Ethics of Research on Human Subjects," in Parameters, 11:1 (Spring, 1986).
- "The Brophy Case: The Use of Artificial Hydration & Nutrition," in Linacre Quarterly, May, 1987.
- "Medicine: Not an Exact Science," in Parameters, 12:1 (Winter, 1987).
- "New Science & Modern Technology: Have We Nothing to Say?" in Dolentium Hominum, n. 2, 1987.
- "Evolution of Church Teaching on Prolonging Life," in Health Progress, January/February, 1988.
- "The New Technology and Church Teaching," in The Priest, February, 1988.
- "Developing in Younger Physicians an Ethical Perspective Toward Geriatric Patients," in Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 36 (1988), 565-568.
- "Two Ethical Approaches to Research on Human Beings," in Health Progress, October,1988.
- "Hospitals: Ethical & Religious Directives," in Chicago Studies, November, 1988.
- "Allocation of Resources," in Mensa Research Journal, 26 (Spring, 1989).
- "Research with Fetal Tissue," in Parameters, n. 1, 1989.
- "Hospital Ethics Committees," in Parameters, n. 2, 1989.
- "Ethical Care of Geriatric patients," in Parameters, n. 3,1989.
- "Pain: Some Ethical Considerations,"in Parameters, n.4, 1989.
- "Abortion: The New Political Football," editorial in St. Louis Post Dispatch, August 7, 1989.
- "On Prolonging Life," in Doctrine & Life, 39 (September, 1989), 352-366.
- "Parents & Children: Medical Decision-Making," in Parameters, n. 1, 1989.
- "Open Letter to Bishop McHugh: Fr. Kevin O'Rourke on Hydration & Nutrition," in Origins, 19:21 (October 26, 1989).
- "Developmentsin Biotechnology. Ethics Perspectives,"in Linacre Quarterly, November,1989.
- "Should Nutrition & Hydration Be Provided to Permanently Unconscious & Other Mentally Disabled Persons?" in Issues in Law & Medicine, vol. 5, n. 2 (1989).
- "Medicine as a Profession," in Parameters, nn. 2 & 3, 1989.
- "Human Research with Animals,"in Parameters, n. 1, 1990.
- "Value Conflicts Raised by Physician Assisted Suicide," in Linacre Quarterly, August, 1990.
- With Berland, et al, "Ethical, Legal, and Psychodynamic Considerations in Intervention of a Possible Cult Member," in Journal of the American Academy for Child Adolescence Psychiatry, 29:6 (November, 1990).
- "Enteral Feeding after Druzan: A Theologian Speaks," in Topics in Clincial Nutrition, vol. 6, n. 3 (June, 1991).
Fr. Kevin O'Rourke, O.P., and Fr. Dennis Brodeur participated in the following presentations with guest speakers which were videotaped under the sponsorship of the Center for Health Care Ethics of St. Louis University Medical Center (SLUMC):
- "Commission on Catholic Health Care Ministry: Our Ministry-Our Vision-Our Decision," produced by The Catholic Health Association.
- "Commission on Catholic Health Care Ministry: Shaping the Vision," produced by The Catholic Health Association.
- "A Matter of Life and Death: Terminal Treatment Decisions and the Church," produced by Pope John XXIII Center.
- "Catholic Values in Health Care," with Manuel R. Comas, M.D., Associate Dean for Admissions and Students, SLUMC, January, 1986.
- "AIDS: Ethical Issues," with Morey Gardner, M.D., Director, Division of Infectious Disease, St. Mary's Health Center, February, 1986.
- "Ethics of Patient Care," with Susan L. Luedke, M.D., Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, SLUMC, March, 1986.
- "Ethics Committees," with Martin Strussion, Chief Operating Officer, St. Mary's Health Center, April, 1986.
- "Informed Consent,"with Douglas K. Miller, M.D., Assistant Professor of Intemal Medicine, SLUMC, May, 1986.
- "Proxy Consent,"with James Monteleone, M.D., Professor of Pediatrics, Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, June, 1986.
- "Nutrition and Hydration," with Karen Webb, M.D., Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, SLUMC, July, 1986.
- "The Principle of Allowing to Die," with Sr. Kevin Patricia, O.Carm., Administrator, Mary Manning Walsh Home, New York, August, 1986.
- "The Ethics of Organ Transplantation," with Valle Willman, M.D., Chairman, Department of Surgery, SLUMC, September, 1986.
- "Ethical Rights and Responsibilities of Nurses," with Ruth Ann Hassler,R.N.,Employee Health Nurse and Head Nurse, Out Patient ainics, St. Mary's Health Center, October, 1986.
- "Access to Health Care," with Christian F. Weigel, M.D., Medical Director, Children's Hospital, January, 1987.
- "Ethical Decision Making," with Dorothy LeBeau, R.N., Head Nurse, Neonatal ICU, Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, February, 1987.
- "Ethical Issues in Joint Ventures,"with Sr. Rosemary Sabino, R.S.M., Assistant Vice President, Sisters of Mercy Health Corporation, Farmington, Hills, Michigan, March, 1987.
- "End Stage Surgery: Is There a Limit?" with Robert J. Kingsbury, M.D., General Surgeon, St. Joseph Health Center, St. Charles, Missouri, April, 1987.
- "Human Research: Protecting Patients' Rights,"with Donald J. Kennedy, M.D., Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, SLUMC, May, 1987.
- "Ethical Issues in the Use of Ventilators," with Thomas M. Hyers, M.D., Professor of Internal Medicine, SLUhSC, June, 1987.
- "Continuity of Care for the Elderly," with Sr. Jeanne McGovern, C.S.J., Administrator, Mary, Queen and Mother Center; and Sr. Mary Michael McCulla, C.D.P., Special Projects Coordinator, Cardinal Ritter Institute; July, 1987.
- "Law - Ethics - Medicine: How They Interact!" with Sandra H. Johnson, Professor of Law, St. Louis University School of Law, August, 1987.
- "AIDS Update: Ethical Issues," with Morey Gardner, M.D., Director, Division of Infectious Diseases, St. Mary's Health Center, September, 1987.
- "The Vatican Instruction on Reproductive Techniques," with Noreen D'Souza, M.D., Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Pediatrics/Genetics, Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, October, 1987.
- "Do Not Resuscitate: Who Decides?" with Filippo Ferrigni, M.D., Associate Director, Intensive Care, St. Joseph Health Center, St. Charles, Missouri, November, 1987.
- "Ethical Responsibilities Toward Employees," with Teri McCarthy, R.N., Employee Assistance Program, St. Louis University Medical Center, December, 1987.
PERKINS, JOHN REID
ARTICLES -- John Reid Perkins
- "Heuristics and Dominican Life," in Dominican Ashram 9 (December, 1990), 152@3.
- "The Adequacy Of ( ~,->,^) for Godel Many Valued Logics," in Pi Mu Epsilon Journal 8 (Pall, 1986), 306-10.
QUINN, FRANK C.
BOOKS -- Frank C. Quinn
ARTICLES -- Frank C. Quinn
- One of nine co-editors, Hymnal for the Hours. Chicago: GIA Publishers, 1989.
- With others, RCIA: Foundations of Christian Initiation. Updated edition: Dubuque, IA: Brown ROA Publishing Media, 1990. (Originally published by Brown in 1982.)
- "Experiencing God: The Role of the Arts," in Pastoral Music 9 (February-March, 1985), 24-27.
- "Confinnation Reconsidered: Rite and Meaning," in Worship 59 July, 1985), 354-70.
- "Liturgist," in A Catechumenate Needs Everybody. Study Guides for Parish Ministers, edited by James A. Wilde. Chicago: Liturgy Training Publications, 1988, 51-54.
- "Morning Star Mass," a major review of a Mass composed by Lynn Trapp, in Pastoral Music, August-September, 1988, 50-51.
- "Why Confirmation," in Ecclesia Orans 5 (1988), 321-40.
- "Gather," a major review of the contemporary hymnal from GIA Publications, in Pastoral Music, June-July, 1989, 45-46.
- "Music in Catholic Worship: The Effect of Ritual on Music and Music on Ritual," in Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the North American Academy of Liturgy, Nashville,TN, Jan.2-5, 1989. Valparaiso, IN: NAAL, 1989.
- "Theology of Confirmation," in The New Dictionary of Sacramental Worship. A Michael Glazier book, edited by Peter E. Fink. Collegeville: The Liturgical Press, 1990, 273-85.
- "Confirmation: Which One Should I choose?" in Confirmed as Children, Affirmed as Teens. Edited by James A. Wilde. Chicago: Liturgy Training Publications, 1990, 7-15.
- "Confirmation Is Not Graduation," in Modern Liturgy Magazine, September, 1991.
REITAN, ERIC A.
ARTICLES -- Eric A. Reitan
- "Galileo, Aristotelian Science, and the Rotation of the Earth," in Lyceum 1 (1989), 31-39.
- "Aquinas and Weisheipl: Aristotle's Physics and the Existence of God," in Philosophy and the God of Abraham: Essays in Memory of James A. Weisheipl, OP. Edited by R. James Long. Toronto: Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies, 1991, 179-190.
SPARKS, TIMOTHY M.
ARTICLES -- Timothy M. Sparks
PUBLISHED PAPERS -- Timothy M. Sparks
- "'Lumen Ecclesiae': After a Decade," in Boletin Eclesiastico de Filipinas. Manila, January 1986, 17-20.
- "The 'Ecce Fidelis' and the Dominicans,"in Cahiers de Joséphologie (Montreal), 1988, 93-94.
- A paper given at Kalisz, Poland, 1985; published in the Actas del Cuarto Simposion Internatonal de S. Jose, Valladolid, 1988, 223-238.
- "Cardinal Gotti, O.P., on St. Joseph," a paper given at Mexico City, 1989, to be published in the Actas del Cinquieme Symposium International de Joséphologie, Montreal, December 1991.
VIDEO TAPE-Gerald Stookey
- Anchorman/translator and interviewee for a video tape on Nicaragua, prepared by Peter Hereley, Dominican Central Productions, 1989.
UZIN FERNANDEZ, OSCAR
BOOKS -- Oscar Uzin Fernandez
- El Ocaso de Orion. Cochabamba, Bolivia: Los Amigos del Libro, originally published in 1972; sixth edition, May, 1990. (A novel)
- La Oscuridad Radiante. Cochabamba, Bolivia: Los Amigos del Libro, originally published in 1976; third edition to come in 1991. (A novel)
- Luz de Otoño. Cochabamba, Bolivia: Los Amigos del Libro, 1990. (Book of memoirs)
- One of translators for Leccionario Boliviano Liturgico, Vol. 1, with Sunday readings for the three cycles, under direction of the Bolivian Episcopal Conference. Volume 1 is in the three cycles, under direction of the Bolivian Episcopal Conference. Volume 1 is in the printing process, to be available by September, 1991. (Three more volumes, with the ferial readings for festive and ordinary times, and for the saints and the commons, will eventually come out.)
van MERRIENBOER, EDWARD
ARTICLES -- Edward van Merrienboer
- "Mourning: An Aspect of Dominican Leadership," in Dominican Ashram 5:2 (India, June, 1986), 69-74.
- "The Poor as a Pastoral Option for Western Europe," in New Blackfriars 69:813 (Great Britain, February, 1988), 56 61.
- "How Do We as North Americans Do Justice?" in Doing Justice. Chicago: Parable Publications, 1988, 28-35.
- "North American Mission Boundaries," in Doing Justice. Chicago: Parable Publications, 1988, 130-141.
- "A Comment: Religious Deciding to Break the Law," in New Blackfriars 69:822 (Great Britain, December, 1988), 514-515.
- "Building Inter-Cultural Communities," in Servizio di documentazione e studi 1 (Italy, January, 1988), 11-17.
- "Intercultural Decision-Making at a General Chapter," in Servizio di documentazione e studi 10 (Italy, November, 1989), 325-329.
- "Preaching the Social Gospel," in In the Company of Preachers. Mahwah, NJ: Paulist Press, forthcoming in December, 1991, 167-184.
- "Religious and Justice," in Religious Life Review 30:147 (Ireland, March / April, 1991), 89-94.
BOOKS --Benedict Viviano
CHAPTERS AND/OR ARTICLES IN BOOKS -- Benedict Viviano
- New Testament editor, Illustrated Dictionary and Concordance of the Bible. New York: Macmillan / London: Collier Macmillan, 1986.
- The Kingdom of God in History. Good News Studies, vol. 27. Wilmington, Delaware: Michael Glazier, 1988.
ARTICLES -- Benedict Viviano
- The Gospel According to Matthew, for The New Jerome Biblical Commentary. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall,1990.
- Revision of Introductions to the Synoptic Gospels and to the Catholic Epistles, for the Bible de Jerusalem, forthcoming third edition. Paris: Cerf.
- Translation of M.-E. Boismard, Moise ou Jesus: Essai de Christologie Johannique (Leuven: University Press, 1988), for Fortress Press, Minneapolis, MN, forthcoming.
- "The Kingdom of God in the Qumran Literature," in The Kingdom of God in 20th-Century Interpretation, edited by Wendell Willis. Peabody, Mass.: Hendrickson, 1987, 97-107.
- Five articles on: L.F. Abel, P.M. Benoit, Adolf Schlatter, E.P. Dhorme, Roland de Vaux, for the Dictionary of Biblical Interpretation. (New York/ Nashville: Abingdon Press.)
- Article '1 Q Mess ar" = Messianic Aramaic text from Qumran, for Anchor Bible Dictionary.
- Four articles: Blessing, Beatitude, Mountain, Kingdom of God, for the Pastoral Dictionary of Biblical Theology. Collegeville, MN: The Liturgical Press, forthcoming.
- "L'Eglise en perpetuelle dialectique entre Jacques et Etienne," in Proche-Orient Chretien 36 (1986), 3-5.
- "La Parabole des Dix Vierges (Mt 25, 1-13)," in Revue Biblique 94 (1987), 425-28.
- "Render unto Caesar (Mark 12:13-17),"in The Bible Today 26 (1988), 272-76.
- "Invitation," in Dominican Ashram, December,1988, 172-75.
- "The High Priest's Servant's Ear: Mark 14:47," in Revue Biblique 96 (1989), 71-80.
- "The Genres of Matthew 1-2: Light from 1 Timothy 1:4," in Revue Biblique 97 (1990), 31-53.
- "The Pharisees in Matthew 23," in The Bible Today, November, 1989, 338-44.
- "Change and Continuity in the Jewish People since World War II: the Catholic Aspect," aparaitre dans les Actes du Congres sur Judaism in the Modern World since 1945. Hebrew University, December, 1990.
- "Foundations of Religious Life Revisited," in Religious Life Review 29 (Dublin, 1990), 42-3.
- "Matthew 23:1-12, 34: Social World and Community Conflict," in Journal for the Study of the New Testament 39 (Sheffield, 1990), 3-21.
- "Rabbouni and Mark 9:5," in Revue Biblique 97 (1990), 207-18.
- "The Kingdom of God in the New Testament," in Aufstieg und Niedergang der romischer Welt (Berlin: de Gruyter), forthcoming.
- "Profiles of Archaeological Institutes: The Ecole Biblique et Archeologique de Jerusalem," in Biblical Archaeologist, forthcoming.
- Translation of "French Archaeologists," by Pierre Benoit, in Benchmarks in Time and Eternity: Essays in Honor of Joseph A. Callaway, ed. J.F. Drinkard, Jr., G.L. Mattingly, and J.M. Miller. Archeology and Biblical Studies 01. Atlanta, GA: Scholars Press, 1988, 63-86.
- with J.J. Taylor, "A Critical Note on Acts 23:8: Sadducees, Angels and Resurrection," in Journal of Biblical Literature, forthcoming.
- "Eight Beatitudes at Qumran and in Matthew: A New Discovery from Cave Four," in The Bible Today, forthcoming.
- "The Phenomenon of Social Confidence and concessions to the Opposition in German Protestant Study of Paul, 1970-1960," paper read at a joint Hebrew University-Ecole Biblique faculty seminar, May 10, 1991. Publication plans not yet clear.
WOODS, RICHARD J.
BOOKS -- Richard J. Woods
ARTICLES -- Richard J. Woods
- Eckhart's Way. Wilmington, DE: Michael Glazier, Inc., 1986.
- Christian Spirituality: God's Presence through the Ages. Chicago: Thomas More Press, 1987-88.
- "St. Patrick Only One of Celtic Legends in Ireland's Past," in Memorandum, XVI, 3 (February, 1985), St. Paul, MN: College of St. Thomas, pp. 1, 5.
- "The Spirituality of the Celtic Church," in Spirituality Today, Vol. 37, No. 3 (Fall, 1985), 243-55.
- "Celibacy as Sacramental Countersign," in Upturn, Association of Chicago Priests, February-March, 1986, 3-4.
- "Living in God's Protective Presence," in Praying, No. 11 (National Catholic Reporter Supplement, March-April, 1986), 22-30.
- "Sexual Doctrine and the Pope's Visit [to America]" in Uptum, Association of Chicago Priests, August-September, 1987, 9-10.
- "Exorcism," in Dictionary of Pastoral Care and Counseling. Nashville: Abingdon Press, 1987.
- "Meister Eckhart and the Neoplatonic Heritage: The Thinker's Way to God," in The Thomist, 1987.
- "Angels" and "Demons," in Dictonary of Contemporary Theology, Edited by Joseph A. Komonchak, et al. Wilmungton, DE: Michael Glazier, Inc., 1987, pp. 18-19, 275-76.
- Numerous columns in National Catholic Reporter.
WRIGHT, DAVID F.
BOOKS OR COLLECTIONS -- David F. Wright
ARTICLE -- David F. Wright
- General editor, Dominican Sacramentary: A Draft Translation (a manuscript distributed for purposes of consultation). Chicago, IL: Dominican Liturgical Commission, U.S.A., 1986.
- One of nine co-editors, Hymnal for the Hours. Chicago, IL: GIA Publishers, 1989.
- General editor, Supplement to the Liturgy of the Hours for the Order of Preachers (a draft translation of the Proprium Officiorum Ordinis Praedicatorum  for study and consultation). Chicago, IL: Dominican Liturgical Commission, U.S.A., 1991.
- Co-author with Benedict Ashley, O.P. "Common Life, 900 1200: Factors which shaped the thinking of St. Dominic," in Out of a Purposeful Tradition: Common Life in the Spirit of St. Dominic. Oak Park, IL: PARABLE, 1990, pp. 26-38.
| Index |