CENTER FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
FRAY BARTOLOME DE LAS CASAS
Actions that can be done in solidarity with the indigenous of Chiapas:
- Support the frequent caravans coordinated by Pastors for Peace. Contact person is Yuri Guerra (612) 870-7121.
- Send letters to congress representatives and senators asking for their intervention to make possible the return of the priests who were expelled from the country: Loren Riebe and Paul Nadolny.
- Send letters to the Mexican Embassy soliciting respects for human rights in Mexico, especially in Chiapas and for theose who defend human rights in the country.
- Send letters to the Comisión Nacional de Intermediación, presided by Don Samuel Ruiz Garcia, supporting their work.+Samuel Ruiz Garcia 5 de febrero 6 29200 San Cristóbal de Las Casas Chiapas, MEXICO tel. 011 52 (976) 8 0053 fax 011 52 (976) 8 6070 E-mail MEXPAZDF@UIBERO.UIA.MX.
- Receive information daily through electronic mail. Solicit information at MEXPAZDF@UIBERO,UIA.MX.
- Receive information about the Human Rights situaiton through electroinc mail: CDH-BCASAS@LANETA.ORG.APC
- Participate in the Civil Encampments for Peace, in the indigenous communities in Chiapas. For information contact Sandra through fax at 011 52 (967) 8 3548 or at the same E-mail indicated above.
- Form support committees for peace in Mexico in each parish
- Days of prayer and reflection for peace.
- Form delegations of men and women religious to visit Chiapas.
For more information, contact Chuch Dahm, O.P., Promoter of Social Justice.